Parents or Guardians are asked to call Hosler Middle School at the 24-hour attendance line the morning of a student’s absence. This will eliminate the need for a note and a readmit slip to class. Otherwise, when the student returns to school after an absence, he/she will need to report to the attendance office to clear his/her absence. He/she must have a note written and signed by the parent or guardian stating thedate, your relationship to student, and reason for the absence from school.
If a student is late to school, a note of verification from the parent or guardian must be given. Uncleared absences becometruancies.
24-HOUR ATTENDANCE LINE: 310.886.8907
• Call the attendance line the day your child is absent.
• Follow-up with your child’s teachers if he/she does not bring home make-up work.
• Check your child’s planner to make sure your child has a Study Buddy (friend) to answer questions by phone if they don’t understand an assignment.
• Remind your parent to call Hosler Middle School the day you are absent.
• Pick up your missing work from your teachers.
• Call your Study Buddy (friend) if you need more help at home.
• Excused: Illness, medical or dental appointments, death in the immediate family, quarantine or immunization exclusion, religious observation.
• Unexcused: Vacation trips, shopping, working, transportation breakdown, family celebrations, missing the bus, truancy, suspension, or needed at home.
• Make-up work: 1-2 day’s absence: Upon return students must contact teacher for work.