LIBRARY MISSION STATEMENT
The library is a service organization supporting the students and staff at Hosler Middle School. Our mission is to assist students and staff in locating, evaluating, and using information and to encourage a lifelong love of reading for pleasure.
The library is open from 7:45 a.m. to 3:30pm every week day (closed from 1:20pm to 2:20pm). Students may come into the library before or after school to study or check-out books. Students that want to go to the library during instructional time must secure a pass from a staff member.
- Please enter quietly and politely
- Place your backpack or book bag on your chair
- Sign in at the front counter
- Use your inside voice when talking or asking a question
- Absolutely no food, drinks, gum, candy, etc. in the library
- Please don’t hesitate to ask for assistance or help – whether it is to look for a good book to read, borrow a textbook for homework, etc.
- This is a “Zero-Tolerance Zone” – absolutely no horse playing or foul language. This is grounds for suspended privileges in using the library
- Please have I.D. card ready when checking out library books
- Students may check out 2 books at a time for a period of two weeks
- Please make certain books are returned on time
- Internet usage form must be on file and signed by parent to use computers
- Maximum of 20 minutes for computer use
- Websites will be monitored
- Do enjoy reading as many books as possible in the library
- Do take advantage of being able to use it before school, at lunch time, and after school
- Do have fun in a safe and civil manner while in the library
Services Supporting our Mission:
Teachers may reserve the library in advance for their classes’ use but must balance frequent or long term reservations by sharing access to the library with other teachers’ needs. Frequent library users may be asked to share limited resources.
Books may be held on carts in the library for class projects. If you have many students (multiple classes) using limited print library materials, you may request we reserve needed books for use in the library.
By collaborating with the library media teacher in advance, together we may develop lessons to incorporate technology and information literacy skills in standards based instruction. Webliographies or a list of websites for student use on projects are available during lesson planning with the library media teacher. Assistance with MLA Works Cited page and in-text citation form is provided.
The library is open school days from 7:45 AM to 3:45 PM.