The mission of the Physical Education Department is to provide students with the knowledge, skills and opportunity to be a physically educated person, not just for the present, but for a lifetime.
The students will be able to demonstrate competence in many different forms of physical activity suing concepts of body awareness, space awareness, effort and relationships. They will demonstrate proficiency in a few forms of physical activity and will learn how to learn new skills. Students will learn how to select and will be encourage to participate in health enhancing lifetime physical activities five times a week.
The students will demonstrate knowledge of rules, strategies and appropriate behaviors for selected physical activities. Students will participate in a variety of activities designed to increase their fitness levels. Some important aspects of our program are: teamwork/sportsmanship, proper skills techniques, and knowledge of rules and regulations game play. Students will understand that wellness involves more than being physically fit and will understand that physical activity provides the opportunity for enjoyment, self-expression and communication and that it can lead to multi-cultural and international understanding.
The students will cherish the feelings that result form regular participation in physical activity and will appreciate the relationships with others that result from participation. They will respect the role that regular physical activity plays in the pursuit of lifelong health and well-being.
All students are required to dress in their physical education uniforms every day; rain or shine. Uniforms can be purchased at the ASB window, $10.00 for shorts and $10.00 for shirts. Each student is responsible for his/her uniform including keeping it clean.
Students may not wear their P.E. uniforms under their school uniforms or wear their school uniforms under their P.E. uniforms. Refusal to dress will result in disciplinary action.
HOSLER NON-SUIT POLICY FOR PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- 1st Offense: Student contact from P.E. teacher (Warning)
- 2nd Offense: Parent contact from P.E. teacher
- 3rd Offense: Conduct grade drops to an “N” and parent contact from P.E. teacher
- 4th Offense: Referral to administration, lunch detention and parent contact from administration
- 5th Offense: One period in OCS (P.E.), conduct grade drops to a “U” and parent conference
LOCKER ROOM RULES AND PROCEDURES
- No running, pushing, or loud (screaming, singing, etc.) noises.
- No food, gum, candy, glass bottles, or aerosol cans (THESE ITEMS WILL BE CONFISCATED AND NOT RETURNED!)
- Keep only P.E. materials in lockers.
- Never switch locks or lockers and do not share lockers or your combination with ANYONE!
- NO backpacks are allowed out in P.E.
- You MUST be fully dressed in your P.E. clothes BEFORE leaving the locker room.
- Students may not wear their P.E. clothes under their school uniforms or wear their P.E. uniforms over their school uniforms. P.E. clothes are ONLY to be worn in P.E.
- Take P.E. clothes home for washing every Friday or as needed.
- ALWAYS lock your lock and belongings (backpacks, clothes, etc).
- DO NOT share your combination.