School Site Council & English Learner Advisory Committee
English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC)
Needs Assessment for Hosler Middle School English Learners
November 18th, 2020
You are receiving this English Learners Needs Assessment because your child is identified as an English Learner, and WE NEED YOUR HELP! We need your ideas and suggestions for each of the five areas on this needs assessment. For each question, look at the results of our students’ tests. Consider what programs and activities you think would be helpful to bring to our students. You can include interventions, bilingual books, workshops for parents (please tell us what kinds of workshops), or any other ideas you would like. We appreciate and value your feedback. You may complete the paper copy enclosed, and then drop it off at the office, or send pictures of your completed forms to LFlores@mylusd.org. You may also complete the form electronically by scanning the code below.
If you need any support completing this Needs Assessment, please contact me at LFlores@mylusd.org or call the school at (310) 603-1447. Responses are due by December 9th. Thank you for your time, and we look forward to receiving your responses!
Hosler Middle School
Click on the link or point your phone camera on the QR code to access the form
Comité Asesor de Padres de Aprendices de Inglés (ELAC)
Evaluación de necesidades para estudiantes de inglés de la escuela secundaria Hosler
18 de noviembre de 2020
Usted está recibiendo esta Evaluación de las Necesidades de los estudiantes de inglés porque su hijo está identificado como un estudiante aprendiz de inglés y NECESITAMOS SU AYUDA. Necesitamos sus ideas y sugerencias para cada una de las cinco áreas de esta evaluación de necesidades. Para cada pregunta, mire los resultados de las pruebas de nuestros estudiantes. Considere qué programas y actividades cree que sería útil llevar a nuestros estudiantes. Puede incluir intervenciones, libros bilingües, talleres para padres (indíquenos qué tipo de talleres) o cualquier otra idea que desee. Apreciamos y valoramos sus comentarios. Puede completar la copia impresa adjunta y luego dejarla en la oficina, o enviar fotografías de sus formularios completados a LFlores@mylusd.org. También puede completar el formulario electrónicamente escaneando el código de abajo.
Si necesita ayuda para completar esta Evaluación de Necesidades, comuníquese conmigo a LFlores@mylusd.org o llame a la escuela al (310) 603-1447. Favor de completar el formulario antes del 9 de diciembre. ¡Gracias por su tiempo y esperamos recibir sus respuestas!
Líder de instrucción
Escuela secundaria Hosler
Haga clic en el enlace o diriga la cámara de su teléfono en el código QR para acceder al formulario
2020 - 2021 Equity, Access & Instruction Meetings: Council & Committees, Leads, Testing Assistants
ENGLISH LEARNER ADVISORY COUNCIL
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The SSC of Fred W. Hosler Middle School, hereinafter referred to as the SSC, shall carry out the following duties:
- Obtain recommendations for, and review of, the proposed SPSA from all school advisory committees
- Develop and approve the SPSA and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations
- Recommend the SPSA and expenditures to the governing board for approval
- Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the SPSA with the principal, teachers, and other school staff members
- Make modifications to the SPSA whenever the need arises
- Submit the modified SPSA for governing board approval whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activities or related expenditures
- Annually (and at each semester, trimester, etc) evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students All decisions are based upon student achievement data, multiple assessment data and research-based strategies designed to assure ALL students meet the standards.
- Carry out all other duties assigned to the SSC by the district governing board and by state law
Section 1: Size and Composition
- The School Site Council shall be composed of twelve (12) members and alternate members per each representing group.
- The needs and resources of school improvement require that membership include broad representation of parents, students and school staff, including all socioeconomic and ethnic groups represented in the school attendance area. The Council shall be constituted to ensure parity among the Principal, Classroom Teachers, and other school personnel and equal numbers of parents and pupils. Classroom teachers shall constitute the majority of those persons representing school staff. Council members representing parents and/or community members may be employees of the school district, but may not serve as a parent representative at the site of employment.
- Representatives of the council shall be as follows: 1) the school Principal; 2) four (4) classroom teachers elected by teachers at the school; 3) one (1) other school personnel at the school elected by other school personnel at the school; 4) three (3) community and/or parents of students at the school elected by parents at the school; 5) three (3) students elected by students at the school. (There could be 4 parents and 2 students)
- Council members representing parents and/or community members may be employees of the school district, but may not serve as a parent representative at the site of employment.
Section 1: Officers
The officers of the School Site Council shall be elected annually and shall serve for one school year or until each successor has been elected. The officers shall be a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and any other officer, as the council deems necessary. The Principal holds the office of Secretary and may assign the responsibility to the appropriate school personnel. Minutes of all meetings shall be recorded, approved and filed.
The chairperson shall:
- Preside at all meetings of the SSC
- Sign all letters, reports, and other communications of the SSC
- Perform all duties incident to the office of the chairperson
- Have other such duties as are prescribed by the SSC The vice-chairperson shall:
- Represent the chairperson in assigned duties
- Substitute for the chairperson in his or her absence The secretary shall:
- Keep minutes of all regular and special meetings of the SSC
- Transmit true and correct copies of the minutes of such meetings to members of the SSC and to the following other persons:
- Provide all notices in accordance with these bylaws
- Be custodian of the records of the SSC
- Keep a register of the names, addresses and telephone numbers of each member of the SSC, the chairpersons of school advisory committees, and others with whom the SSC has regular dealings, as furnished by those persons
- Perform other such duties as are assigned by the chairperson or the SSC
Olga P. Quirarte
(310) 603-1447 ext. 5022
Luis A. Flores
(310) 603-1447 ext. 5004
PLEASE EMAIL STAFF VIA THE STAFF TAB ABOVE